What is Brand PR?
Public Relations (PR) forms part of the marketing mix. It’s considered ‘earned media’, rather than advertising or ‘paid for media’.
One of the challenges marketers face is getting publicity to a large audience – and this is where Public Relations fits in:
The primary objective is to create a positive public image for your brand – to inform, persuade, educate and remind – to build brand awareness. And, of course, to do this across multiple media platforms (print, online, social, broadcast) – far greater reach than an advertising budget will take you. Keep your advertising budget though – as publicity opportunities need to be supported with cash – whether it is sampling, events, sponsorships or exploring prospects with the media. The key to a successful PR campaign is talking to the media… and that is where we come in.
Correctly implemented, good PR has a greater impact on the consumer as it is credible, relevant, authentic and reliable.
Before embarking on a PR campaign, consider the following:
- Is your product widely available – in stores or online?
- Do you have the necessary operational and sales support?
- Who will drive the marketing efforts within your organisation?
- Do you have access to high resolution images and content – or will this need to be acquired?
- What is the main objective of your campaign?
- Build or grow the brand, increase visibility, brand recognition?
- What is your budget?
- Remember, PR shares your story – it builds brands – if you’re looking for a quick fix to sell your products – then PR isn’t for you.
Why do you need publicity?
- To boost your business through educating your customer / consumer / target audience.
- Build a positive reputation.
- Enhance your digital footprint.
- Stand out from the crowd.
- Support and validate your marketing and advertising efforts.
- Inform, educate, share and engage with your target market.
- Achieve frequency and reach with wide exposure.
- Generate opportunities.
- Be in as many places as possible, as often as possible (with the correct message of course).
GreenQueen Communications specialises in consumer PR – with a flair for entrepreneurship. That means we focus mainly on consumer brands, products and people; as opposed to services.
Our goal is to get you as much media coverage as we can. We generate this publicity by engaging with the media – calling them, sending product releases and samples, events – giving them the chance to experience your brand. Experiential marketing is key to a successful campaign.
This means including your customers by running competitions – plus competitions are a great way to get more space in the media to share your message…
- The process is handled with warmth and authenticity matched with energy, enthusiasm and a touch of the theatrics.
- Rock solid belief in the power of relationship-centric marketing and PR.
- By communicating regularly with your market, we attract and generate exceptional opportunities – this is where the magic happens.
- GreenQueen believes that good relationships, consistency and tenacity (along with the ethos of enthusiasm and authenticity) are the drivers that create exceptional opportunities.
- We are hands on and invested in the success of your business.
See GreenQueen as your Chief Cheerleaders, forging partnerships with media; hunting for opportunities; and all the while, genuinely cheering, supporting, and being committed to the success of your business.